Condit Elementary School

Food Allergies

 
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all the 
children in our school.

There are children in some classes with severe peanut and nut allergies. 
While many allergic reactions can be mild, many children with peanut and 
other nut allergies experience serious symptoms after eating, touching or 
smelling peanuts or any nut products (especially peanut butter). 

Reactions can begin and proceed rapidly, which may become fatal within 
minutes. 

There is no cure for peanut allergy and no therapies that eliminate or reduce 
its severity. 

Please take peanut and nut allergies seriously. We are requesting your 
discretion when packing snacks, lunches or sending celebration items.  Out of 
consideration for the health and lives of these students with allergies, 
please do not send your child to school with any foods containing peanuts, 
peanut butter, or other nut products. 

Please talk with your child about this serious situation and explain how some 
children cannot eat everything that their child may eat, and that care and 
discretion need to be used when packing food and eating during snack and 
lunch time. This can be done in a sensitive, positive and respectful way.

These students have a significant health condition, but are still children 
with ordinary interests, hopes and dreams. Please help us keep their lives as 
normal and safe as possible.

Please join us in keeping the lines of communication open between parents and 
the school. It is important when insuring the health and safety of our 
students to have all the adults and children in their lives working together.

Successful management of these allergies can mean the difference between life 
and death. Feel free to contact us for more information. We would be happy to 
speak with you.


Christine Malally, Ed. D.
Principal

Christin Frazier RN
School Nurse				

Condit Elementary School
(909) 398-0300	
 
Visit the food allergies website to learn more about managing 
food allergies.
http://www.foodallergy.org/